Terms & Conditions (Sample)
The hiring contract is between the hirer and the owner of the property for which the booking is made and incorporates the conditions set out below. In all legal respects the client is liable to the owner and vice versa.
AUTHORITY TO SIGN
The person who signs the Booking Form certifies that he or she is authorised to agree the Booking Conditions on behalf of all the persons included on the Booking Form. The signatory must be a member of the party occupying the property and must be 18 years or over.
1. The properties are offered for holiday rental subject to confirmation by the owner.
2. To reserve the property, the Client should complete and sign the Booking Form and return it with payment of the initial non-refundable deposit. Following receipt of the Booking Form and deposit, the Owner will send a Confirmation Statement.
3. The balance of the rent, together with the security deposit (see Clause 5), is payable not less than 6 weeks before the start of the rental period. If payment is not received by the due date, the Owner reserves the right to give notice in writing that the reservation is cancelled. The client will remain liable to pay the balance of the rent unless the Owner is able to re-let the property. In this event, Clause 5 of these Booking Conditions will apply. Reservations made within 6 weeks of the start of the rental period require full payment at the time of the booking. It is strongly recommended that your insurance policy should include cancellation.
4. A security deposit is required in case of, for example, damage to the property or its contents however, the sum reserved by this Clause shall not limit the Client's liability to the Owner. The Owner will account to the Client for the security deposit and return the balance due within 14 days after the end of the rental period, subject to conditions as listed in these booking conditions being met and upon the checking of the inventory by the agent which will be carried out within the 14 days.
5. Subject to Clauses 2 & 3 above, in the event of a cancellation refunds of amounts paid (excluding initial deposit) will be made if the Owner is able to re-let the property. The Client is strongly recommended to arrange a comprehensive travel insurance policy (including cancellation cover) and to have full cover for the party's personal belongings, public liability, etc, since these are not covered by the Owners' insurance.
6. The rental period shall commence at 4.00pm on the first day and finish at 10.00am on the last day. The Owner shall not be obliged to offer the accommodation before the time stated and the Client shall not be entitled to remain in occupation after the time shown. However subject to availability and our agreement we will try and be flexible. This must be confirmed by us.
7. The maximum number to reside in the property must not exceed that as indicated on the Booking Form (including all children), unless the Owner has given written permission prior to arrival. The agent is at liberty to check this is the case.
8. The Client agrees to be a considerate tenant and to take good care of the property and to leave it in a clean and tidy condition at the end of the rental period and to pay for any breakages, losses or damage to the property, or its fittings, fixtures or contents, caused, or arising, during the period of the hiring. We would ask that the property is left clean and tidy and all items are placed back in the cupboards, clean. Particular attention must be given to the kitchen, ensuring that all equipment and utensils are left clean and tidy. If it is necessary for the owners to carry out additional cleaning after your departure the Owner will make a retention from the security deposit to cover additional cleaning costs. All cleaning materials are supplied. Could you kindly remove all the bedding (sheets/pillowcases/duvet covers) which has been used and place on the bed for the cleaner so she is aware of exactly what needs cleaning. Feel free to leave a note for the cleaner if you need to explain anything regarding the inventory.
9. The rental fee includes someone coming out and checking the property at the end of your stay and (where necessary) to carry out a very light clean, prior to us returning your security deposit. Any more than a light clean will be chargeable from your security deposit. It would be expected that the floors/bathroom/toilet/cooker and fridge will all left cleaned.
If you wish to refresh your bedding during your stay, there are spare sets in the 'cave' downstairs but an extra standard charge for laundry will be deducted from your security deposit.
10. The Client shall report to the Owner without delay any defects in the property or breakdown in equipment, plant, machinery or appliances in the property and arrangements for repair and/or replacement will be made as soon as possible. The Client will permit the owners or their representative's reasonable access to the property to carry out any urgent maintenance.
11. Whenever the Client is absent from the property, the Client undertakes to ensure all doors and windows/shutters are properly secured to meet the Owner's insurance stipulations. Also, in the event of a storm, the Client undertakes to unplug electrical appliances, such as fax/telephone/TV & music centre.
12. The Owner shall not be liable to the Client for:
13. Under no circumstances shall the Owner's liability to the Client exceed the amount paid to the Owner for the rental period.
14. The Owner has no wish to have dissatisfied clients and considers it part of the Contract to be given the opportunity to put right any complaints the Client may have. In the unlikely event that the Client needs to complain, he or she should contact the Owner so that he has the opportunity of settling grievances during the stay. The Owner cannot accept complaints made after the Client has returned home if he has not been given the opportunity to put matters right during the Client's stay. The owner will be available to contact at all reasonable times
15. ALTERATIONS TO BOOKINGS
If the booking is amended after confirmation, it must be put in writing and, if agreed, a charge of £ 10 may be made to cover administrative costs. This is at our discretion and would ordinarily be waived unless there is a lot of work involved.
Please be careful with the key. If lost, contact me immediately and arrangements will be made to get a spare one to you but this would be at a cost of 30 Euros.
Please ensure that you have your own holiday insurance which should cover you and your party against accident, loss or damage whilst at the hired property. The owners do not accept responsibility for any such occurrences. You should also ensure that your insurance covers cancellation. Please note that we recommend you obtain Form E111 (available from UK Post Office) to cover you and your party for health matters whilst in France
No pets and no smoking please. There is plenty of outside space to smoke if necessary. Please do not put your security deposit at jeopardy.